Most Common Workplace Injuries in Northern Florida
The National Safety Council reports that workplace injuries are so common, every seven seconds someone is injured in a workplace accident. Employees have the right to file a worker’s compensation claim should they be injured while working. If you were injured while on the job and you intend on filing a Florida workers’ compensation claim it is important that you take all the necessary steps after your injury accident, including speaking with your employer about the incident, seeking medical attention, and then keeping track of all your supporting documentation regarding your injury. Also, you will need to compile and fill out all the many forms that are associated with a claim. Florida’s personal injury law can be confusing and highly complex if you aren’t knowledgeable in the area.
When you are out of work due to injuries the best way to ensure that your Florida workers’ compensation claim is not denied and is settled for the most money possible, you should work with a Florid workers’ compensation attorney. Stephen M. Andrews has more than 35 years helping victims of workplace accidents secure the most amount of compensation for the harm they sustained while at work. Stephen M. Andrews can take care of your Florida workers’ compensation claim while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
What are the Most Common Work Place Injuries N. Florida?
Any job can have a hazard that puts an employee at risk for a workplace injury. Some industries are far more dangerous than others, though, and these industries report many accidents every year. Construction, manufacturing, and healthcare are all examples of the riskier industries to be employed. When worker’s compensation claims are filed, the following injures are the most frequently cited:
- Sprains and strains are very common and can occur when a person has to lift heavy objects or by way of slip and fall accidents.
- Bruises, contusions, and lacerations can take place when one is working around sharp objects or heavy equipment. Very physical professions are most vulnerable to facing these hazards while on the job.
- Fractures and broken bones can occur from a slip and fall accident, or falling off of something high up, or by a crushing accident. In the most severe cases, amputation could be required.
- Burns, breathing conditions, electrocution can happen in environments where there are toxic chemicals present or active fires like firefighters face.
- Head injuries from falls or being hit by equipment can cause significant damage to one’s well-being.
- Extended periods of time typing at one’s computer can lead to the development of carpal tunnel syndrome or tendinitis. While these conditions aren’t life-threatening they still pose harm to an employee and could have the potential to receive benefits.
Find a Trusted N. Florida Worker’s Compensation Attorney
Stephen M. Andrews, P.A. has extensive knowledge of the Florida worker’s compensation system and can help you maximize the value of your claim. Call Stephen M. Andrews, P.A. today to discuss your Florida workplace accident at (850) 906-9599. Consultations are completely free and you will never experience any pressure or hidden fees.
Deprecated: Function WP_Query was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.1.0!
caller_get_postsis deprecated. Use
ignore_sticky_postsinstead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5667