Workers Compensation Law
Don't Guess About Your Rights
The Workers Compensation system in Florida is not designed to help the injured worker. It is designed to have cheap insurance for Florida businesses. You need someone on your side who can help you navigate through a system that is not necessarily set up to help you. You need someone who understands how the system works.
These are some of the questions we can help you answer:
1. How do I get the name and phone number of the insurance company?
2. I received a bunch of forms from the insurance company. How do I fill them out?
3. How do they calculate my check?
4. How do I get medical care authorized that the doctor is recommending?
5. Do I have a right to choose my own doctor?
6. What if my employer will not notify the insurance company?
7. Do I need an attorney?
8. Will my employer know that I hired an attorney?
9. What if the injury was my fault? What if the injury wasn’t my fault?
10. There is a nurse that is helping me. Who does she work for?
11. Are my benefit checks taxable?
12. Can I settle my case? How much is it worth?
These are just a few of the questions you may be asking. Your call is completely confidential. I have been handling Workers Compensation cases for more than 35 years. My office is not a big factory. I do not have a phone bank full of paralegals and secretaries. YOU WILL TALK TO ME. I put that in all caps because in today's world you may never get a chance to actually talk to your lawyer. I DON'T BELIEVE IN DOING THINGS THAT WAY. Call my secretary, Kendall, today and she will put you through to me or if I'm unavailable she will set up a phone conference or appointment. The conference is free.